I would like to be able to have a dynamic date range field per the "PAGE"

Adding a new idea, I would like to be able to have a dynamic date range field per the page.  Similar to how we can turn on the anlayzer per the page and all cards filter.  This way for example if I want to filter all cards that have a date range to show Quarter 1 then all cards would update to show this date range and per how each card was set up in terms of the field that was specified for each card.

This would be great, as challenging to present from Domo when you are reporting per a specified period as then you have you to filter per each card, or set up the filters on the backend.

Thanks so much,

Stacy

//SJ
8 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Moved to the Ideas section for better exposure ? 

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Good idea! Bulk changes by page are on my wishlist too! 

• Thank you for submitting this idea @SJ.  I am assigning to our product manager @michaelf for review.

• @SJ thanks for the idea! I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on this idea. Is there a time we could chat more about it to get some more details? Thanks!

• @michaelf Yes absolutely!  I can be available most days after 11:00 a.m. CST; this week looks good with the exception of Wed 5/25 as booked all day.  Best //SJ

//SJ
  • @SJ I just sent you a private message to set up a time to chat about this!

• I just realized that a meeting was never scheduled to discuss more on this, would love to speak more as would be great to implement before close of year.  It could work similar to adding a new page filter.  Add a date filter, that applies across data sets.  Set the range.  Then, all cards will automatically filter to the date range.   For e.g.

-Cards where date field is based on "create date"  will filter to the dates on page filter

-Cards where date field is based on "closed date"  will filter to the dates on page filter...etc... basically the filter is dynamic and based on the "Date Range" vs. a specific date field.  Cards where a date range is NOT selected will appear the same and unfiltered and will not have the filter icon appearing so user will know which cards are filtered vs. not.

Hope this helps, thanks again!

//Stacy

//SJ
  • This feature would be greatly helpful. Please let us know if it is being considered for execution in Domo.

This discussion has been closed.