Set a number of dataset failures for notifications

SET-NUMBER-FOR-ALERT-DATASET.png

2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @fsalinas.  I am assigning to our product manager @mattchandler for review.

(Edit - assigned to the wrong product manager)

• Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • Great. I will love to receive only real alerts

• Thanks for the great feedback @fsalinas. I am the product manager over this feature, and we definitely want to improve the experience around this. We have some improvements in the works that should improve this in the next few months.

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • @mattchandler @Ryan Moody

Well.... I love Domo... but parts of it are anoying... now the firts thing I see on my email everyday is SPAM FROM DOMO. 

Really tired of it. When will this development are going to be released?

2016-05-28_07-14-20.jpg

• Hi @fsalinas—we are finalizing an improvement that should go a long way to addressing your concerns. We are planning to automatically retry any failed Magic ETL or MySQL DataFlows, and only send an email if the second execution fails as well. It would not be configurable, but should at least greatly improve the signal to noise ratio for our DataFlow emails. If everything goes well with our quality assurance process, we expect to have this out in the July release.

If you would like to discuss further, I would be happy to set up a call. Thanks again for the great feedback.

Best,

Matt Chandler

Product Manager, Domo

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • The improvement discussed above (which will automatically retry any failed, DataSet-triggered DataFlows, and only send a notification if the second run fails as well) has been implemented, which should cut down significantly on failure emails. Have you seen any impact @fsalinas@rmoody, or @OmriLevin?

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • @mattchandler I've noticed a reduction, still get a ton of emails from Domo.  It would be nice to get a digest almost.  Maybe notifications in the tool that are separate from notifications on messages (sort of how Facebook has two sets of notifications... one for updates and one for messages)

This discussion has been closed.