'Where used' in Datasets to show Dataflows that are using Datasets

We have a using a lot of data sources from various systems that we need to connect together in various Dataflows.  It would be great to see all dataflows that are utilizing a dataset.  This is really important if the dataset schema changes. 

12 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Hoping to bring this post back up! It would definetly be great to see not just the cards that datasets affect, but also the data flows. Here is an illustrative example. of what I would like:DataSet Sheet.png

DataSet Sheet.png

• Thank you for submitting this idea @MReznick and for the additional information @SamEich.  Assigning this to our product manager @mattchandler foir review.

• Thanks for the great feedback—this would certainly make it easier to work with DataFlows. I'm looping in @alexpeay, as we have been discussing this problem recently and he would also be interested in your feedback.

Best,

Matt Chandler

Product Manager, Domo

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • @mattchandler how is the review going?  We are losing track of flows as we update and obsolete datasets/  This would be very helpful. 

• Yes, this would be super helpful! I am going through currently and auditing my Domo Data Center, trying to eliminate/clean-up old datasets, unused datasets, etc. I can easily see if a dataset is needed to fuel a card, but I cannot see what dataflows this dataset might be used in. It would be nice to see another tab next to the cards tab where it lists all dataflows using this dataset so that I don't accidentally delete a dataset needed for a dataflow.

This discussion has been closed.