Reset Permissions on Cards

Please provide a button on the card in the Admin section that allows us to reset the permissions of the card back to only the permissions that it can inherit from the pages on which it resides.  The goal is to effectively clear all shares of the card that did not come from the pages on which it resides.  The current methods to do this are highly time consuming.

(The concept is similar to resetting a file or directory's permissions in a file system to inherit from its parent.)

As an added bonus, if there was a button that could do this globally or for all cards on a page, that would reduce the time to do this for all cards in the system.

Tagged:
9 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @ShawnRiesterer.  I am assigning this to our product manager @MitchyMitch8 for review.

• @ShawnRiesterer I like the idea behind this. @StevenC what do you think about this?

• I need an option like this, the ability to "reset" a card's permission to align with the page permissions on which it resides.  Right now, I have a card where 5 people have access, however it resides on a page where 100 people have access.  I now need re-do the permissions on this card to make it available to the same 100 people who have permission to the page.  

This is similar how Sharepoint functions, where, when you create a list or library, you can have the list or library inherit permissions from the parent site.

This discussion has been closed.