The ability for map cards to have a persons name listed by state, county, or zipcode

We would like to have a map card that allows us to list a persons name for a state, county, or zipcode.

For example, we would like to list our sales manager, field auditors, or other field staff by the county or zicode they are responsible for.

3 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• This is a great idea... I had this same thought driving home form work yesterday and had forgotten about it.  Please see my map card improvements post - this idea would go great with other overall improvement to map card functionality ideas.

Improve United States Map Card functionality

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for submitting this idea @msupl.  I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar for review.

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

Thanks for the suggestion. Can you help me make sure I understand what you want? My first thought is that you want to see a persons name on each state OR are you really looking for just to see the persons name on the hover. 

If we added the ability to add a new series that was the "name" column and allowed you access to that in the hover text would that meet your need?

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

• @Gavatar, one of the regular needs that my org has is just to be able to reflect, on a map, the physical location of remote (home-based) staff, not even necessarily related to production volume or other metrics-based activity.  In this example, a hover probably doesn't help as my need for presentation purposes is likely to be exporting this card view to PowerPoint.

But at the same time, being able to show a person's physical location on the map, in addition to their "activity" would be helpful.  Business question Ex:  are home-based employees providing regionally proximate coverage, or are they providing national coverage?  A lat/long map with differentially colored dots might show this, but it would be helpful to see where a person is based relative to where their transactional dots appear on the map.

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks that makes sense. We have this captured on the backlog.

This discussion has been closed.