Allow set up ALERTS in your profile but alerting multiple selected users

Would be very useful to be able to set up alerts in our profile but allowing us to select specific users to be notified or included as part of the alert.

It could work from my admin profile or been set up automaticaly on the user selected profile.

Additionally to create alert system consistency, this could help us to make the alert capability works if we have our users structure working under publication groups (which not allow alerts set up).

Thanks!

28 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @GIriarte.  I am assigning to our product manager @mdelorey for review.

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Hi @GIriarte! Thanks for your idea. I'm on Domo's product team, and I work specifically on alerts. I want to make sure I'm understanding your request here.

First, sounds like you'd like to be able to share alerts with other users. Additionally, it sounds like you'd like to be able to segment your data like you can with publication groups and then set alerts on those data segments.

Does that describe what you're trying to do?

Retired Domo Alum
  • Thanks Mark for your reply. Yes, your descritpion match perfectly my idea.

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@GIriarte: Great! I'm happy to report that both of those items are on our roadmap. We'll be running some alert sharing usability tests shortly. I'll reach out to you when those are ready to go.

Were you at Domopalooza or did you hear anything about the Personalized Data Permissions announcement? It is a feature that allows you to segment your data similarly to publication groups, but it is compatible with alerts. It is currently in beta and set to release shortly. Are you interested in taking a look at that?

cc/ @alexpeay

Retired Domo Alum
  • THIS IDEA IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE READ. Please, develop it. 

I would add this: 

You should be able to add alerts to someone in your organization by providing an email and a message. 

This would be awesome. 

On the other hand, I we can set alerts to alert on Domo Buzz. Would be great. 

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

@MitchyMitch8 have a look at the last comment wrt to Buzz feature request.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@fsalinas: Thanks for your input! I can confirm that users will be able to configure their alert messages to post to Buzz and invite new users to Domo to share alerts by providing an email address and message. All coming soon!

Retired Domo Alum
  • Hi @product_John hope everything is going well, are you changing the status of this requirement?

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Retired Domo Alum
This discussion has been closed.