Mass-migration of card/data source ownership

There should be a way to switch ownership of all cards/data sources owned by one user to another user.  Our in-house "Major Domo" just left the company, and having to independently change each individual card/source one-by-one is a chore.

13 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this @jasonmagyar.  I am assigning to our product manager @michaelf for review.

• @jasonmagyar thanks for the feedback! This is something we are currently working on and hope to make mass edits simple! Besides this current use case of bulk changing the owner on many cards have you wanted to make other bulk edits in the past? Thanks!

• I'll give my two cents on this as well. It is definitely a pain and would like to see this in future. It could be added when removing the user. Currently, when deleting a person it will ask you to reassign Data Sets. This should include Datasets, Cards, Pages, etc within the environment. 

• Thanks for the feedback @cmarkum, we'll add your input  into our discussion about this feature.

• Has this been resolved with the latest release?  If so, could someone share any updates on the best way to reassign cards, pages, datasets and dataflows from a user who needs to be deactivated?

• @Lowen this is now in the product in the admin center! An admin can now make bulk changes to cards and pages. The ability to make changes to datasets and dataflows will come down the road as well.

So, if you are an admin you should be able to view cards/pages and sort by the owner you want to change. Then, select all and tap edit and change owner.

This discussion has been closed.