Administrator Filter Control

As a DOMO administrator, I would like the ability to control what options a user has within their ability to add filters within a visualization.  In many cases the underlyting data set includes options to filter the data, that could lead users astray or interpret the information incorrectly.

The ideal use case would allow me to control what is exposed as a filter within a specific card.

Tagged:
5 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @adubrow.  I am assigning to our product manager @MitchyMitch8 for review.

• @adubrow love the idea. @michaelf can you take a look at this one?

• That is a great idea @adubrow, I'd love to hear more about your thoughts and use cases for this.

• Not sure what additional information you would like me to add.  I am describing a scenarion that when I publish a card, I can explicitly show or hide filter to be more directive about how that data can be presented.  For instance, if I only want to allow a user be able to filter by options designated by me, the card creator.

• Thanks for the clarification @adubrow! That would definitely be a useful feature. We'll review this with our engineering team to best determine how to incorporate this. Thanks!

• This is the greatest idea ever.  Most of my data sets have multiple columns that are useless/meaningless to an end-user and yet they clutter up the filter options when a filter is applied.  In general, I may only want them to filter on a Store and and a particular date range but the data set has 40 columns used to build the cards.

@adubrow wrote:

As a DOMO administrator, I would like the ability to control what options a user has within their ability to add filters within a visualization.  In many cases the underlyting data set includes options to filter the data, that could lead users astray or interpret the information incorrectly.

The ideal use case would allow me to control what is exposed as a filter within a specific card.

• Thanks for the addtional feedback @cmarutzky, we're taking a look at this!

• This is a great suggestion!  I used this in Excel PowerPivot "Hide From Client Tools" to keep users focused on the fields I wanted them to use in Pivot Tables.  LIKE!

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

@michaelf @btm

Is there a status update on this idea?

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
This discussion has been closed.