Make Analyzer "Apply to all DataSets with [ColumnName]" case-insensitive

Hey,

Almost all of our data can be traced back to a property (we do apartment property management, mostly).  We track our "Client" on each one of our properties.  When I create an analyzer filter on Client, it works well.

That is, until we have a page with data sets created as the result of MySQL/RS data flows.  Those data flows force all column names to be lowercase, which means my original "Client" column is now "client".

It'd be helpful if I didn't have to create separate Analyzer filters for all data sets with a "Client" field and all data sets with a "client" field.  Please make that field match case-insensitive.

Thanks!

Ryan

Tagged:
4 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @CFRyan.  I am assigning to our product manager @michaelf for review.

• Thanks @CFRyan for the feedback! We'll take a look at this and see how we can make the experience better!

• Thanks!

• Any updates on this?  Thanks!

• @CFRyan Thanks for taking the time to send this feedback recarding MySQL and RS DataFlows.  I can see how having the column names Case changes is causing you a headache.  We will make sure to consider the impact of changing this as we improve DataFlows moving forward.

• Hi Steven,

Any updates?  This is still a huge issue for us.

• Hey Domo folks, any updates?  This one still drives us nuts.

• @ckwright please have a look at this one and provide an update.

Thanks!
    Dani

CC @StevenC

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
This discussion has been closed.