Grant permissions to datasets without new charts

Once your data warehouse in DOMO starts to grow up, is more complicated customize the access and gant permissions to whole users in our DOMO scenario. Nowadays if admins or any user create a new dataset (xls,sql,mysql,etc.) is required to share this usefully information with another people create fisrt a chart and then share the chart with other ones, well, that should be easier just get a mechanism to handle all users permissions, and custumize by group or single user what kind or how many datasets can they see from our DOMO universe.

Besides, for each new dataset included in our data warehouse we should get an option to leave certain people see these new information withot create first charts.

Brief, this mechanism should to admin guys custumize which datasets can see everyone and for new datasets also customize the access , actually if we go deeper even why not grant read or writte access to our users.

grant permissions to datasets without new charts!!

30 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this @AndresU.  I am assigning to our product manager @alexpeay for review.

• @AndresU Awesome recommendation! In fact we are actively working on this, we will let you know when it is available in early 2017.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • @product_John @alexpeay Any update to this request?

• @alexpeay Any update on the status of this?

@AndresU wrote:

Once your data warehouse in DOMO starts to grow up, is more complicated customize the access and gant permissions to whole users in our DOMO scenario. Nowadays if admins or any user create a new dataset (xls,sql,mysql,etc.) is required to share this usefully information with another people create fisrt a chart and then share the chart with other ones, well, that should be easier just get a mechanism to handle all users permissions, and custumize by group or single user what kind or how many datasets can they see from our DOMO universe.

Besides, for each new dataset included in our data warehouse we should get an option to leave certain people see these new information withot create first charts.

Brief, this mechanism should to admin guys custumize which datasets can see everyone and for new datasets also customize the access , actually if we go deeper even why not grant read or writte access to our users.

grant permissions to datasets without new charts!!

"Awesome recommendation! In fact we are actively working on this, we will let you know when it is available in early 2017."

• Yes, this would be super helpful to add to the system! In a company as large as ours, it is a pain to have to build a placeholder card and share it with a priviledged or editor user any time I simply want them to have access to a dataset so that THEY can build cards from it. The placeholder cards clutter our instance and it is simply not intuitive. Adding the user to the PDP for all rows should simply be enough to make that dataset visible to them.

@alexpeay and @product_John -- are there any updates on this? We are now in early 2018, any hope of this being added soon?

• @DaniBoy anybody in product at Domo who can comment on this?  Aren't Alex and John with other companies now?

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • @miken12r @JSharp

CC @codysmith

Who would own this feature which Alex Peay marked as approved some time ago? Did we release some flavor of this in 2017 or was it re-prioritized?

@AS Thanks for the heads up on this one

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • @DaniBoy I own this feature and it is still something we're working on. 

• @JSharp thanks for the update please keep us posted on the progress of this desired feature.

Regards,

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • I'd love it if we could share datasets without creating new cards. It would save a lot of time and cut down on the clutter!

This discussion has been closed.