Display time filters

The time filters applied do not show on the card. This becomes a usability issue once you start drilling down into other cards, it's really difficult for the user to remember what time filters were applied.

1 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @swrao.  I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• @swrao Thanks for this feedback, to clarify, your requesting that the date filters you applied in card builder to show in card details? Because when users drill the date range that is selected in the card does show in blue on the top left. You're asking for date filters that you applied in Card Builder to show also with the date range filter? Thanks! 

• I think this is related to what I am running into.

If it is, what @swrao is asking is to have the Date Range displayed in the drilled into cards.

For example, we use a custom Fiscal Calendar and have setup a Google Sheet to evaluate the days and apply a flag for 'Y' or 'N' if the date falls into the specific bucket (for example: Period to date through last complete Week). When applying this as a filter for 'Y' within the initial card, it displays the Calendar Dates that correspond to this Filter; January 2, 2017 (Start of our Fiscal Year) to May 14, 2017 (Last Complete Week of this Fiscal Year) which is awesome but when you drill into a category or to a view with no Date related field included in the card, it no longer Displays the included dates. In this situation, it does not add it as a blue field either within the Drill down because it was not a seleactable field. The date range is inherited from the filter of the Parent Card.

Having the same Date Range display that appears in the inital card would be awesome in all of the Drilled into cards, which would also honor any date ranges filtered for later in the card.

For example:

Initial Card --- This one has a filter for the flag to only include this year's YTD Sales by Store Group: January 2, 2017 through May 14, 2017

Drill 1 Card --- Sales by Stores that make up selected Store Group

Drill 2 Card --- Sales by Week for the selected Store (The week would be applied as a blue bar filter but wont tell you which days are included in that range)

Drill 3 Card --- Honors the week selected and displays the included range here too, for example, 2 weeks ago. May 1, 2017 through May 7, 2017

I hope this is what they were suggesting, I do not mean to hijack the thread.

Cheers,

+Spencer

This discussion has been closed.