Better notification settings in Projects & Tasks

Hi,

Is there a way to stop notifications on tasks that are not ours in Projects & Taks?

Currently, all members of a project receive notifications every single time an action is completed even if they are not assigned to the task on which the action is made and trust me, when a project involves a bunch of users (see attachment), this is very anoying for the users. However, I don't want them to stop notifications completely, but to receive them on mentions or on any activities related to a tasks on which they are assigned.

We tried to put the settings to "Mentions" only in the Buzz channel, but unfortunately it doesn't do the job. 

I suggest to add notifications settings inside the Projects & Tasks feature to fix that.

Thanks!

5 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @ManseauN.  I am assigning to our product manager @mdelorey for review.

• Hi @ManseauN I work on projects and tasks here at Domo. Thanks for submitting your idea! We definitely want to provide useful notifications instead of just more noise.

I wanted to make sure I understood which notifications you're referring to. Are you specifically talking about what is posted into Buzz about the task?

It might be easier if I could just connect with you on a call to see what you're seeing. Will that work?

Retired Domo Alum
  • Retired Domo Alum
  • In fact, everybody that have access to the project receive notifications when a task is moved from a column to another even if they are not assigned to that task. In my mind, only people assigned to that particular task should be notified, not all the project members...

This discussion has been closed.