Ability to Share Data Sources Directly to Other Users

Currently you have to go to the card and see the data source. Ideally we'd liket to be able to have some sort of "share" button on the data sources menu. 

**Was I helpful? Help a Squid out by clicking the thumbs up for the post that helped.
**Maybe even hit that little "Accept as a Solution" button.
5 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• The ability to share data sources to a page, group or user level would be very helpful. Currently we have to create a "dummy" card in the desired location that has a field or two of the desired data source. That just seems like extra work and can cause issues as now we have Data source place holder cards scattered about our instance.

• I agree that at the Data Source level you should be able to give/restrict access.  A data source 'owner' may load a source, and not want the entire organization to be able to access and utilize the data that they loaded.  So being able to authorize/restrict/grant access at the data source level would be great for many reasons.  

• Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket # DOMO-37806

• @alexpeay is our product manager for this area.  He will take a look and respond.

• We are exploring the best ways to handle this situation.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • I would love security level access to datasets through Groups.  This best fits my use cases as we segregate data by pages and tabs when it comes to access.  I would also want security to be automatically restricted to any cards or workflows being directly powered by a dataset that is restricted.  In thinking about this, it would be most helpful to see what cards/dataflows would be restricted if a restriction is put on a dataset (sounds like a new tab, see image below) and review this later so I can grant proper access if needed.

*There are lots of ways to implement: one tab could have two lists, cards and dataflows; two tabs could hold this separately.  If group permissions are allowed, I would expect the admin/groups page's function "+ Add Page or Card" to change to "+ Add Page, Card or Datasource".

DatasetRestrictionsTab.PNG

Seems like this is directly related to this Idea: https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange-suggest-and-vote/Data-Source-Security-Settings/idi-p/3998

This discussion has been closed.