Dataflow Descriptions

@mattchandler

At a glance I can see a creator's commentary about a dataset in the dataset description field.  This can likewise be done with cards and Redshift/MySQL dataflows in their respective description fields.  But seemingly not with Magic dataflows for some reason.  If that doesn't exist, can we have it added?  Since we have multiple MajorDomo- and minor Domos, it's nice to see quickly what's going on with the dataflow inventory without delving into the code or transforms to see why a dataflow was created.

Aaron
MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thanks for the feedback @AS — that's a great suggestion. I'll work with the team on getting a description field added for Magic ETL.

Best,

Matt Chandler

Sr. Product Manager, Domo

Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • Thanks Matt

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Best,
    Matt Chandler
    Domo
  • @mattchandler Hi Matt - I have started using the new governance tables, and this definitely makes the topic of dataflow descriptions resurface.  The SQL dataflows have descriptions, but not Magic ETL.  Now that we can generate reports on our metadata, this description field being available would be quite useful.  

@Valiant @angelastizza @DaniBoy @TacoShelly 

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    Check out my video!
This discussion has been closed.