Display Beastmode as variable

Currently, if a beastmode field is again used in another beastmode, the whole content of previous beastmode is imported to the new beastmode.  It is creating maintance nightmare, as the updates on previous beastmode won't be reflected in other beastmodes where it is used.

For exampe, I have base beastmode fields called "Feature_Count" and "Completed Feature Count"

Feature_Count: COUNT(DISTINCT (CASE WHEN `feature_release`=`tc_release` THEN `feature_id` END))

Completed Feature Count: COUNT(DISTINCT (CASE WHEN `feature_release`=`tc_release` and `feature_state_flg`='0-Completed' THEN `feature_id` END))

Now I need to calculate completion rate, say calling it "Feature Completion Rate".  Instead of having 

COUNT(DISTINCT (CASE WHEN `feature_release`=`tc_release` THEN `feature_id` END))/

Completed Feature Count: COUNT(DISTINCT (CASE WHEN `feature_release`=`tc_release` and `feature_state_flg`='0-Completed' THEN `feature_id` END))

I would like to see $Feature_Count$/$Completed Feature Count$.  And behind the scene, whatever change going into $Feature_Count$ or $Completed Feature Count$ should be reflected in the calculation of  "Feature Completion Rate".

49 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

This discussion has been closed.