Dataflow: Ability to write SQL within a ETL-Dataflow

ETL dataflows are very user friendly and great to work with in some cases but, sometimes I have found the need to be able to drag and drop a control that would allow me to write a piece of MySQL code to do a more complex transformation.  Since it is not an available option I have had gotten to use either ETL or MySQL.

I like how easy it is in ETL to drag and drop a control and after few clicks selecting what you need, the job is done and it came to my mind that if there was an option to write MySQL , the ETL dataflow would be way more powerful.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
38 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• AS
    AS 🔵

@DaniBoy or @mattchandler, is there another thread out there for this great and much anticipated idea?  It's been in the hopper for a while.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for submitting this @Godiepi. I am assigning to our product manager @StevenC to review and comment.

• @Godiepi fantastic idea!!!  We are currently working to improve Magic ETL, and this definetly is something that we are considering (among other things as well :)). Having a more-powerful and easy to use Magic ETL is a high priority for us, so please keep watching for imporvements and submitting your ideas and suggestions.  

• yes, please!

this would be amazing!

• Noticed this thread hasn't been updated in a while.

New to Domo, but I feel this would be amazing.

Pretty new to regex expressions and not quite super comfortable with them yet, but I can get the job done.

However, instead of writing regex, being able to use built in SQL functions or code would be great!

This discussion has been closed.