SQL Stored Procedure / Function

We should have an area to define and store functions and procedures that can then be accessible from our MySQL dataflows.  Currently you have to use 1 - 3 transforms in the dataflow to define a function or procedure which can then be used within the dataflow (great feature) but this leads to a lot of issues in terms of versioning and rework.

For example - I have 10+ data flows that all use a stored procedure to convert text fields to title case (Like This), which means I have to redefine that function in each of those dataflows before use.  The scope would need to be defined in some way, but there has to be an easier way than having to rewrite the function each time.

2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this @anafziger. I am assigning to our product manager @StevenC to review and comment.

• @anafziger This is a great idea.  To be clear, you would like to have the ability to define a reusable action, function, (DataFlow element), and have that accessible to any flow for consumption, is that right?  We have looked into this type of functionality, and have this on our future roadmaps.  Thanks for the great submission. 

• Yea, that is exactly it - for obvious reasons I'd prefer that it maintains the MySQL syntax for functions/procs, but with a little tweaking you could probably allow those functions to be utilized within Magic ETLs as well.

This discussion has been closed.