Add a Series in a Pie Chart

Hello,

I am trying to add a 2nd series to my Pie chart card in DOMO. It is in the same data source. I do not see any option to add another series. My example is a pie chart for Pipeline data that reflects Revenue and Unit values for each slice. Perhaps this is a limitation, but I needed to ask. Thanks!

Best Answer

• nalbright
    Accepted Answer

If you are looking at additional values associated with that slice, I could see value in using a pie chart as the first layer in a drilldown, but this would involve a second graph that would involve those additional values.  Without being able to see some of the data/fields that you are working with, it is hard to be more precise.

Answers

• Do I understand you correctly that you would be looking for more than one dimension in your pie chart?  Coming from a chart visualization standpoint, pie charts are designed for one-dimensional area comparisons.  If you want to bring in a second series to compare with the first, you should probably look to do bar charts for the cross-series comparison.

• Not sure if I am comparing it's more of showing additional values associated with that slice of the pie. You are probably correct that I need to look at a different chart type. Thank you for the feedback!

• Thank you again for your assistance. I will work with our DOMO rep to implement your solution!

• You're very welcome :).  I'm glad I was able to help you out.

This discussion has been closed.

Hey, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Those who sign in get access to engage with even MORE fire content. To get involved, click one of these buttons!