Flag Datasets To Not Appear As Choice to Build A Card

It would be nice to be able to flag datasets as available/unavailable for card building. We have a lot of 'interim' datasets that are in our instance, but only a certain handful or more that should really be available for card building. I would propose that 'Y' (available for card building) should be the default. Hope this isn't a duplicate idea!

Regards,

DK

13 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Users should only have access to the data sets that are shared with them.  If you only share the 'final' data sets, then there shouldn't be an issue.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    “There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
  • But will the users see all datasets, regardless of access, when they are choosing datasets to build cards? I can see this as being confusing.

Domo Example.jpg

• My understanding is that any user that is not an admin will only see data sets that have been shared with them as options when choosing data sets.  I will see if I can find a regular user to test this with, but I believe they should only see the data set that has been shared with them.  (You share data sets by sharing cards that are powered with that data set)

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
  • Thank you for submitting this @kivlind. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• @kivlind  @ST_-Superman-_ This is correct that users can only see what Datasets that have been shared to them. So if a Dataset hasn't been shared with them, then they will not see that dataset.  If the dataset is still being worked on, do not share any cards with users and that dataset will not appear for others to use. 

This discussion has been closed.