Quick Filter Sort Order

Does anyone know what drives the sort order of a quick filter? Β I have one example that appears alphebetical but then I have a Day of Week category that is totally non-sensical.

Comments

• I haven't played a whole lot with quick filters yet, but did you try sorting the data by your date field first? Β It may just be pulling in each weekday name as it encounters them in your data set. Β 

• It could be sorted by highest corresponding value. For example, if Friday is worth 6 and Monday is worth 4, Friday will be listed first.

Β 

If that's either irrelevant or there's a different criteriato follow it may default ot that. For example I have a quick filter based on a beast mode calculation that takes year-as-a-whole-number (2017) and concatenates it with 'Q' and quarter-as-a-whole-number, giving me, for example, 1998 Q 3, 1998 Q 4, 1999 Q 1 and so on, in quarter order.

Β 

It doesn't recognize the written days of the week as such, it jsut recognizes them as random strings.

Β 

Weird that it isn't in alphabetical order, though. I agree with Scott Thompson here; try sorting by day of the week if possible.

This discussion has been closed.