Analyzer should consider filters that are already built into cards

I have a hierarchal database that has a Level 1 - says if it is person, company, Product.   Level 2 tells you the person, company, product accordingly.  If there is a filter in the card to limit it to Level1 = Person, then the analyzer function for Level 2 should only show people and not all the choices.  By not eliminating choices that are not possible given the filter built into the card, users get frustrated as they can get reults that show nothing. 

Dojo Community Member
** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
1 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Agreed. 

On a related note, as a work around -- I teach my users to "stack" filters. For instance if the card is already built to filter for Product A on the back end, on the front end they should still apply the filter for Product A, so that the list of options that show up in the next filter applied are limited to just the items that correlate to Product A. 

BUT it would be great to eliminate that (not very obvious) step.

Broadway + Data
  • Thanks.  While I see that as a workaround for an experienced user or someone that understands databases, the Executive team is not going to catch on to that and see it as a viable solution.  When using Hierarchal tables, the  executive team, for sure, will just throw up thereir hands.  Solution would be many more data sets that dont have hierarchal properties.  That would be a administration nightmare.  Need a way to make this Executive proof!

Dojo Community Member
    ** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
This discussion has been closed.