Duplicate Page as a Sub-Page

We can now duplicate a page with all its cards. Nice. Is there a way we can set that new page as a sub-page of an existing "main" page? Also, is there a way we can stop the duplicated page from renaming all cards? All card titles on a page that has been duplicated start with "Duplicate of ". There is no need for that. We want the cards to retain their original names. We do not wish to have to correct each card on a duplicated page.

9 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Also, the order of the cards changes on the duplicated page. Seems odd...

• Any update on this?  I would like to do this soon, and would rather be able to duplicate the page rather than set it up card by card.

• No update to this as yet.   :(

•  We need more votes so I can get attention from Engineering on this, please have your colleagues vote it up.

Thanks for your patience!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • To copy the page:

Go to the page you want to copy. 

From the Wrench, use the 'Save as' option.  

This does make all the cards duplicates, rather than mirroring.  This makes it more useful for replicating out a format, and then updating datasources, rather than copies which will remain linked.  I'm not sure which scenario you are facing.  

To make it a sub-page:

Go to the Admin settings. 

Open the 'Pages' section. 

Select the page you want to make a sub-page. 

Click 'Edit' then 'Move Page'.  

Move Pages.png

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    Check out my video!
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you.  This worked. 

• @frwern01

Does the reply from @DataMaven address your original suggestion and request?

@SEC I am glad this was helpful!

Thanks @DataMaven!

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Any better solution now to duplicate a page without adding "Duplicate" for every card title?  

• Unless something was recently released in Domo, I beleive the "Duplicate of " is still being added to card titles on the page. At least with cards you have a chance to remove the "Copy of " before saving.

• There is an important reason for Domo including the "Duplicate of" on cards or pages when you use "save as".  That is because it is literally creating a separate version of the card.  If I had a page called "Page 1" and I then used save as to "copy" the page, you would get "Duplicate of Card 1", "Duplicate of Card 2", etc. on all of the cards.  The reason this is important is because if the owner of the original "Card 1" makes changes or updates the card.  Those changes will NOT effect the cards that were created by using the "save as" option.  

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    “There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Not addressed yet - Duplicating pages is still really clunky.  

DataMaven
    Check out my video!
  • @ST_-Superman-_  - I understand the logic of that, but in execution, I think it causes more issues than it solves.  There are many things in Domo which are specifically designed to protect less knowledgable users from making mistakes.  Some are easy for you and I to find and work around.  Others generate a TON of manual effort.  This is one which generates more manual effort than necessary.  I think folks more often will need to create a dashboard, and then make copies to customize for various users, than whatever the use case is for wanting to make a copy and have the page remain truly duplicative.  

Perhaps there could be an option for whether to rename each card or leave the names the same, even though they are not tied to the original card?  

This also brings back into play the poor naming convention of the move/copy option.  It should be move/mirror.  I often find that it's not clear to new users, which can make quite a mess!  

Come to think of it...It would be pretty handy to have some indicator on cards which ARE mirrored on other pages so that anyone making changes is made aware that the changes they are making are going to impact other cards.  I'll have to put that in as an idea.  

That was a bit stream of consciousness, but that's where I am today.  Thoughts @ST_-Superman-_ ? 

BTW - LOVE your desk pic!!!

DataMaven
    Check out my video!
  • DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

This is great feedback from everyone on this thread we will try and get this in front of the right folks.

Cheers!

Dani

CC @codysirwin 

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
This discussion has been closed.