Allow variable input to card that affects a Beastmode calculation

The quick filters are a great way for someone to easily restrict what a card displays. We have global clients that need to see various currencies (GBP, EUR, SGD, etc). The various currencies have been calculated and reside in several columns within the Domo DataSet. I can create a Beastmode calculation that will display a particular currency column depending on a value within another column. What I need is a way someone viewing the card can select from a value list (like the quick filter) and have that value pass to a variable within Domo that my Beastmode calc can use. This way I do not have to duplicate 25 cards 5 times to hard set each currency column.

Tagged:
16 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• This would be a great thing to have.

• That guy has a good idea and you should listen to him.

• We really need this especially as more currencies are needed.

• Thank you for submitting this @frwern01. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• gespindola
    gespindola ⚪️

This would be a really really great tool.

• @ckwright any update on this idea?

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Would be nice for Domo to add as we are a global company dealing with many currencies and a user input variable would make it so easy to switch currencies within the same card. No more duplicating cards just to show british pounds, euros, etc...

• This would be extremely helpful!!!

• mccreathbecky
    mccreathbecky ⚪️

Any update on this?

• Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
This discussion has been closed.