Beast Mode Median, Quantile, Percentile

Hi, we really need to add a Median/Quantile/Percentile function to Beast Mode. Yes, I acknowledge this can be accomplished through a DataFlow, but to do that you need to identify, in advance, the subset of data over which to calculate. On the otherhand, we have many use cases where the subset of data is changed through a filter on a chart and we then want to dynamically calculate the Median/Quantile/Percentile. Please add this function! Thanks.

14 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Would definitely be nice to have!

Create an idea with this on the Ideas Exchange section, where it will catch some attention!

Regards

Ricardo Granada 

[email protected]

**If the post solves your problem, mark it by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can say "Thank you" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
  • I moved this thread to the ideas exchange.

Thanks!

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • cosign!

.....................................................................................................………….
    ANDY BATTEN / red door interactive
    Sr. Director, Data Analytics
    .....................................................................................................………….
  • Hey @srosen,

You mention that you can accomplish this with a Data Flow, but I don't see how.

Could you let me know how you are doing it in that context?

Thank you,
    Doug

• Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • A quick and easy way to do this on the Analyzer level of cards would be great

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Budapest / Portland, OR 🟤

Median has been implemented in Domo Analyzer.  It is a feature switch, check with your CSM.

25, 75 and 99 percentile have been added to Domo via the data views beta but AFAIK is not part of Analyzer. Ask your CSM about the Beta program if you're not part of it already!

Jae Wilson
    Check out my 🎥 Domo Training YouTube Channel 👨‍💻

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the ❤️ in the post that helped you.
This discussion has been closed.