Display "empty" Date values

I would like to have an option when graphing by a date field to automatically populate any missing time frames with 0 instead of omitting them from the visualization altogether.  

I brought this issue up in a dojo conversation, but would like to submit it as an idea as well:

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Domo-Dojo-Day-October-10-2017/Graph-quot-empty-quot-time-periods/m-p/27281#M710

______________________________________________________________________________________________
“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
______________________________________________________________________________________________
34 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• I would love to see this too.  This way my line charts would not have gaps when the result should just be 0.

• @ST_-Superman-_

I am assinging this to @Gavatar

CC: @codysmith

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • This needs ot be an option and not the default, as leaving the data null creates a break line which visually shows there is missing data rather than the data is zero. 

• I see this was "assigned pending review" about six months ago. Any updates or changes Domo?

• We'd also love this functionality. We're using it to show open defects against products by month, and are experiencing the same as others have mentioned. It is potentially misleading if there are months missing, so more difficult to see the trend lines. In our case, a value of "0" is a good thing. 

• Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.

• **Make sure to like any users posts that helped you and accept the ones who solved your issue.**
  • This would be key for us when looking at the data overtime.  The workarounds of joining a blank calendar data set are not feasible and add significant overhead to ensure accuracy with each data set we'd need to prepare.

• Any solutions here??

This discussion has been closed.