BeastMode Tidy/Prettyprint Feature

With complex beast modes, I find that a very large amount of time is wasted across our agency trying go back and edit, fix, or simply remember exactly what specific parts of beast modes are doing. We add comments for Start/End when we're nesting formulas, however I feel that a feature severly missing from the tool is a Tidy/Prettyprint button that simply allows you to click it, and it will reformat the entire formula with indents and line breaks that allow you to view things much easier.

Examples of what i'm thinking:

- The Tidy button on jsfiddle.net, which applies formatting rules to all HTML, CSS, and JS written in a script.

- In Chrome developer tools, this exists as a simple Pretty Print button ({ }) on the Sources > script window.

This feature alone would save every person that has to write or interpret a beast mode a lot of hours and confusion as to why their formulas aren't working.

Tagged:
3 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• If I ever get befuddled with formatting, I drop it into Sublime to format and then bring it back.  Same applies to dataflows.  I would love to see improvements in Domo.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks @AS! Very helpful. Have you found the best syntax to apply in Sublime to make it easy to read? Looks like JavaScript get's most of the way, but wanted to ask.

.....................................................................................................………….
    ANDY BATTEN / red door interactive
    Sr. Director, Data Analytics
    .....................................................................................................………….
  • Honestly I haven't tried anything other than SQL.  Most of the time I use this method to line things up nicely and make sure I have my parentheses right.

Aaron
    MajorDomo @ Merit Medical

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.