Specify different date formats for multiple sources in ETL

I am combining a number of data sources with date columns using an ETL before performing other calculations on them.

Some of the sources have Australian date format (DD/MM/YYYY), and others have US format (MM/DD/YYYY).

The ETL gives me results in YYYY-MM-DD format, where it's actually incorrectly converted some of the dates to YYYY-DD-MM by assuming the wrong input date format. This means I end up with results from the future (eg 2018-12-03).

What's the best way to ensure the ETL always knows the correct input date format?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi. @artywah

Is it possible to avoid by replacing the date that is incorrectly converted by using regex?

Set Column Type
    Column : DateColumn
    Data Type: Text

Pattern A YYYY-MM-DD (TEXT)

Set Column Type
    Data Type: Date
    Format : Year first

Pattern B YYYY-DD-MM (TEXT)

Replace Text
    Search "Use Regex": ^([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)
    Replace : $1-$3-$2

Set Column Type
    Data Type: Date
    Format : Year first
  • Unfortnately this isn't working. It seems Domo is being too smart and processing the format before I can do anything with it in an ETL.

It seems I need to set the date format as Domo imports the data (before I can perform an ETL on it)