Configure alerts with comparing a recent value with the previous ones

Hi everyone,

Is there any way to configure a card alert with comparing a recent value with the previous ones? For instance, I need to have alerts triggered when costs in current month increased by N % as compared to previous month (or avg costs for some period of time).

Tagged:

Best Answer

• user05162
    Accepted Answer

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the answer.

Frankly, I need this on a regular bar chart, because I have series and if I remember correctly there is no possibility to have series on period over period graph. But anyway I don't see exactly what I need even when creating alerts for period over period graphs.

period_over_period.png

If I understand correctly alert will trigger when number for the recent week will increase by 10 %. But I need a comparison between the final number for the recent week with the respective number of the previous one.

I came up with one idea… How do you think if it makes sense if I set up alerts on weekly basis (e.g. Sunday 11:55 p.m) and will be comparing this value (as of the end of the week) with the previous one (previous Sunday 11:55 p.m.)? Looks like what I exactly need.

2018-05-15_1155.png

Answers

• I think that you would need to set this up on a period over period graph.  But then it should be possible.  Do you have a period over period chart set up?  Looking at current month versus previous months?  I would suggest starting with that.  Once you have the period over period chart set up, let me know if you are still stuck with creating the alert.

This discussion has been closed.