Color Rules in Drill Path

If I create color rules on a chart, then create a drill down chart it automatically inherits those color rules.

However, if I do not want those rules, there is no way to remove them. They automatically adds them. 

What I can do it create new color rules that override them, but there is no way to create a table with no highlighted rows. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.48.26 AM.png

I have two suggestions

1) Create a way to opt out of color rules on individual charts in the drill path

2) In the color selector, add a no color option

Both solutions would acheive the same end, but I can see how different scenarious would find one or the other useful.

5 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Another solution I have found to this is to create a beastmode when you want to apply color rules.  Rather than applying color rules to the `Action` column in this example, you can create a beastmode called `Action - Color` which would just be:

`Action`

This way, when you apply the color rules to `Action - Color` they are not applied to the `Action` Field.  You can use the color field when you want to use the rules and the default field when you don't.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    “There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
  • I like the no color option as well! 

we've also worked around this by creating a beastmode on the parent card (of the drillpath).

for example if our measure sales $ is color ruled to green.

then we create a beast that's sales $ 2.  and use that measure in the children card - therefore inheriting no color rules.

we often don't share that measure to other cards so it keeps cleaner dimensions & measures

This discussion has been closed.