Additional layer to date settings in Builder

Would like to be able to graph by a date range, by a grain, and then a finer grain.

Example, graph by date range Jan 1 2010 through Dec 31 2014, by Year, by Month. The Month would end up

being sections of a stacked bar. 

graph by.PNG

Broadway + Data
1 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for this idea. I am assigning this to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• Hello @RobynLinden thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Could you please provide more deatil on graph by a finer grain? 

- In your example are you asking for year broken out by month? Trying to understand visually how you want your chart to render. If you have a visual that would be helpful, thanks! 

• Potential solution to this:

Set up a Beast Mode that extracts the month value from your date field. For example:

MONTH(`date`)

or...

MONTHNAME(`date`)

After you have done this, select the Stacked Bar chart type, set the Graph By value to "Year", and place the newly created Beast Mode in the Series section. This will then give you the values for each month in that year.

It shoud look like this:

Month Year Example

Hopefully this helps!

• Thanks all - I did actually set up beast modes similar to what @kylejourdan suggested to accomplish what I needed, or at least I think I did, it looks like that's what I did...To be honest, this idea was submitted July 2015, so I can't think to what the use case was then but all seems fine now!

Broadway + Data
This discussion has been closed.