Please add support for network diagrams

We're analyzing and visualizing traffic through some steps in a process. It looks like Sankey diagrams (got another idea request going for that) and network diagrams would be good tools for this. But Domo doesn't support network graphs. They're pretty popular these days, particularly with snazzy, interactive animations. Don't need that. What we're after is more straightforward. Here's a quick fiddle made using HighChart:

network_fiddle.png

You can see on the left the data driving the diagram, there's not much to it. It would be awesome if Domo had network graphs.

Features that would help out a lot include:

• Controlling the layout order. In my sample, "take order" is on the right, it should be on the left. A naive network diagram doesn't have a sorting axis. I guess I'm after something like an "arc plot".
  • Make it possible to color the lines based on a category or test.
  • Make it possible to color the nodes based on a category or test.
  • Make it possible to size the lines based on a category or test.
  • Make it possible to size the nodes based on a category or test.

This chart type seems like a good fit with Domo, and it would be super useful to us. The underlying data is simple and the visualizations are both helpful and compelling.

Particularly given the simplicity of the data, I suspect this chart type would be very popular!

0 votes

· Last Updated

This discussion has been closed.