Running Total Stacked Bar + Line chart type

Domo has all kinds of grouped and stacked bars + line charts, but no Running Total Bar + Line. Adding this chart type would be very useful to visualize Sales data and include a target.

4 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• AdamT
    AdamT

domo

💎

Hi, in case you haven't come across it yet, Domo actually offers four different types of 'running total' charts. Below are links to the Help Center with info on how to build each type. 

Building a Running Total Bar graph

Building a Running Total Grouped Bar graph

Building a Running Total Line graph

Building a Running Total Stacked Bar graph

Additionally, there is a Pareto chart type, which is a single-series bar graph with categories ordered according to the size of their data items (largest to smallest), and a line above the bars shows the cumulative value of all of the data items to that point.

Building a Pareto graph

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • sv
    sv ⚪️

Hi

Unfortunately none of those graphs do what I described. Some of these have a running total bar, and some have a running total line, but none have a running total Bar + Line on the same graph. The Pareto graph only sums up existing bars (and additionally only displays in %), but does not allow the visualization of a different data set as the running total Line.

• AdamT
    AdamT

domo

💎

Ok, I see. So with the current options you would either need to do some data transformations to simulate a running total in a bar + line chart, or you would have to resort to using a single-value Goal Line in the existing running total chart type. Neither of which would be ideal.

+1

-----
    I work for Domo.
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
  • @Gavatar can you please take a look at this?

• This actually does exist but it is a little hidden. Instead of being a chart type we added a "chart option" to allow you to select running total for a line-bar chart. You can find this under "general" and then select "number of total running lines" and "number of total running bars". This allows you to specify what columns are added to the running total bars and what columns are added to the running total line (this could be your target value). Most of the time you will select the number of series -1 for the running bar count and just use the last column as the target. 

This discussion has been closed.