Print or Export results of card that has been filtered

Current - a user opens a card, chanes the date range or adds a filter. Then tries to export or print the data, but only gets information from the original card.

Future - a user opens a card, chanes the date range or adds a filter. Then exports or prints the data and gets the results that they just filtiered.

Tagged:
24 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

•  Forgot one additional thing. This shouild work on drill in also.

• FYI,

I noticed this is working now. I changed a date range and added a filter, I was able to export the data. Although I noticed if you don't change the date range or add a filter, it returns all data. I assume this is a bug that will need to be fixed.

Thanks,
    Johnf

• @StevenC can you take a look at this please?

• @StevenC & @product_John,

Just wanted to note that while @Johnf is correct that this is fixed for csv and excel exports, there is still no ability to export a filtered card to PowerPoint.

Any idea if this idea will potentially be prioritized soon?

Thank you,
    Nick

• @Johnf cards can now be exported as filtered! @nlombardini to export a filtered card to PowerPoint view the card from the detailed card view. Then, turn on page analyzer and filter as desired. From the card options menu click "Send/Export" and one of the included options is to export to PowerPoint.

• Thank you, @michaelf.  This works really well.  I noticed that the functionality still does not apply to the date range at the top of the card.  Will that be coming soon as well?

Thanks,

Nick

• You are correct @nlombardini, and a ticket has already been submitted addressing that functionality as well. You can reference ticket DOMO-41676 to check its progress. In the meantime, to get around this issue, rather than modifying the date range you can apply a card analyzer and then filter by date and then export to get your desired chart. Hope this helps!Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 11.06.21 AM.png

• I'd like to note that the analyzer method mentioned by @michaelf does not work if the filtered date range does not appear in the initial card settings. For example I have a card set to show last month's data. If I turn on the analyzer to display data from 2 months ago, no data is shown.

What is the best way to check on the status of ticket DOMO-41676? Message Domo Support via Domo Buzz?

• @CantStopTheHopp, yes the best way to get an update on the ticket would be DomoBuzz. We wil try and get an update to post here as well when available.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Update - When users change the date range or the graph by (Week, Month, QRT etc) in a card and would like to export the new visual, the export will include the new changes the user made.

This will be available in the following export formats - Powerpoint, Excel, and CSV. This feature will be available to all users on 2/19/16.

Print and Email will be enhanced in the coming months.  

• is there a feature that will export the names of the filters applied in the powerpoint export (sort of like a footnotes section so it is clear to people viewing the export what filters have been applied)?

• @pravaliya, I really like that idea. A way to be more clear of where the data presented is coming from. Thanks!

• thanks @michaelf is there any possibility of this moving forward?

• @pravaliya I don't know where it'll fall in our list of priorities but its something we'll have a conversation with our team about. We'll keep you posted on progress.

• @michaelf @btm

Has this been implemented? If so we need to update the stauts to reflect this.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • ckwright
    ckwright

domo

💎

This discussion has been closed.