Stacked Bar Multiple Label

It's possible to create a stacked bar that shows individual totals (sub-totals) in the "Hover Text" Fields and the total value as a Data Label. Is it possible to have both fields in a data label so you don't have to hover to see the sub-totals?

Tagged:
14 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• @Gavatar can you take a look at this please?

• Would love to know the answer to this for a customer. Any ideas on a way to show both the subtotals (%_VALUE) of the stacked bar as well as the total (%_CATEGORY_TOTAL) at the same time on the card.

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

@Gavatar please take a look as we have a few customers asking about this and we need a status update.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

If I understand the ask correctly you want a data label that shows %_VALUE AND %_CATEGORY_TOTAL in the same data label. This is easy to do with the chart option where you can set the "data label" in that text box you can put any number of variables. In the chart below I used: %_VALUE/%_CATEGORY_TOTAL

You can also set the data label to be %_VALUE and the hover to be %_CATEGORY_TOTAL or vice-versa. Is that what you want?

datalabels.JPG

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

• Is there a way to rotate the multiple data labels on the graph so the visual looks cleaner? So instead of the data label being horizontal it is now vertical on the graph?

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

There is a "rotate" checkbox on the data labels feature. You can also insert a \n to get a multi-line look if you want

•  Dear all,

I reinforce the request to have the total of a bar chart & the values for each category showed separately. The user experience of showing both in each category or showing only one of the two options is not sufficient.

Best,

Igor

• Hello,

I agree with Igor's comment above. It would be great to have the ability to display the total above the bar and then the category totals by each category.

Kirill

•  We are migrating from Periscope to Domo. Periscope has this feature, not sure why Domo does not. This can easily be done in Excel as well. I don't want totals for each category within the stack as I use hover for that but I want a grand total in $ at the top of each bar. So if I had exactly 12 bars (each stacked with sales data by category), one for each month of the year, I would have one grand total at the top of each bar.

It will be hard to explain to my executive team why their charts are now less meaningful after investing in a move to the Domo platform. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

• DaniBoy
    DaniBoy

domo

💎

Thanks @user06299 for the latest comment!

@Gavatar can you chime in to address these concerns?

Regards,

Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
This discussion has been closed.