Show labels on pie chart even if it's too small

I am using a pie chart.

I have 2 slices. One is 90% and the other one 10%.

But the 10% one is too small to show the label. Is there a way to force this? As I don't mind it overlapping the 90% chart as there is enough room to show the label there.

 

Comments

  • jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Budapest / Portland, OR 🟤

    i know this isn't the answer to your question.  but consider using a different visualization.

     

    if the slice of the pie is so small that the UI doesn't render a label, it will probably be very difficult of a user to clock the difference between group 1 and group 2. at most, they'll think "oh... that's a huge difference." without actually knowing the exact value.

     

    a stacked bar, or a gague that just shows the percent of total  for one of the two values will communicate the same information more efficiently while taking up less ink.


    Jae Wilson
    Check out my Domo Training YouTube Channel

    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
  • Thanks for your reply and oops I missed an important part in my opening post.

    It does actually show the percentage. It doesn't show the value name. Product 1 is too long but Prod 1 fits.

    But as I can understand from your post there isn't an (easy) way to force this anyway?

     

    I do have the legend on the left side so it does show the actual numbers and name though.

This discussion has been closed.