Issue with Nested Case Statements

I have a dataset of call records. I am attempting to filter out records that fall outside of business hours when the 'Call Result' is 'No Agents in Queue,' based on the product the call was associated to. I have created the following Beast Mode calculation to do so:

CASE `Last Leg Product`
WHEN 'NPAC-CCS' THEN
  (CASE WHEN (HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) < 9 OR HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) >= 18) AND `Call Result` = 'No Agents In Queue' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)
ELSE
  (CASE WHEN (HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) < 8 OR HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) >= 20) AND `Call Result` = 'No Agents In Queue' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)
END

There is a filter on the card called to show only cases where 'No Agents Business Hours Filter' = 0. All other products are correct, but for 'NPAC-CCS' calls there are still cases outside of the defined business hours.

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Indiana 🟤
    Accepted Answer

Hi @MosesWynn 

Are all of your NPAC-CCS records still appearing or are some records being filtered / identified correctly (Essentially - are you getting into the first section of your beast mode)? Is it possible there's whitespace around the `Last Leg Product` field (did you try and wrap it in a TRIM function)?

Have you tried rewriting your CASE to be CASE WHEN `Last Leg Product` = 'NPAC-CCS'

(they should be logically identical though)?

Answers

• Hi @GrantSmith,

Thanks for your response.

'NPAC-CCS' records that fall outside of the span 8AM to 8PM are being filtered out, as per the ELSE clause. I reformatted to the following, but am still getting the same results.

CASE 
    WHEN TRIM(`Last Leg Product`) = 'NPAC-CCS ' THEN
      (CASE WHEN (HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) < 9 OR HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) >= 18) AND `Call Result` = 'No Agents In Queue' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)
    ELSE
      (CASE WHEN (HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) < 8 OR HOUR(TIME(`Call Date`)) >= 20) AND `Call Result` = 'No Agents In Queue' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END)
    END

Thanks!

Moses

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Indiana 🟤

Hi @MosesWynn 

Did you mean to have the trailing space in 'NPAC-CCS '? Doing a TRIM on your column and comparing it to the value with a trailing space will never match up.

• Actually, your suggestion worked. I'm realizing I accidentally had a space after CCS in my formula.

Thanks!