Count the number of times one day appears in a month

Natalia
Natalia ⚪️

How can I count the number of Mondays (also need it for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc.) in the previous month?

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    MarkSnodgrass Portland, Oregon 🔵

Probably need a little more context as to what you are trying to do, but generally you could do this:

In your card, set the date range filter to Previous Month

Create a beast mode that uses the DAYNAME() function to return the name of the day of a given date.

Drag that beast mode into your card and then drag it again and set the aggregate function to Count.

This assumes you only have one row per date.

• Natalia
    Natalia ⚪️

I have some values for the whole month, and need to find the values for an average Monday, so I added all the values but now I need to divide those values by the number of Mondays. I have tried using average but the values are wrong, the only way to get the values I am looking for is to divide those values by the number of Mondays in that month, its there anyway I can create a Beastmode formula that will return the number of Mondays in the previous month?

• Ritwik
    Ritwik Atlanta 🟡
    edited May 5

@Natalia

Does the dataset have data for every day, always? If there is no events/value for a given Monday (Say Monday, 5/3) , is there still a row of data for Monday, 5/3?

• Natalia
    Natalia ⚪️

Yes, there are multiple Mondays in the data though so for Monday, 5/3 there are 5 rows with the same date but different data in the other columns

• jaeW_at_Onyx
    jaeW_at_Onyx Budapest / Portland, OR 🔵

Use a CASE statement. CASE when <dayOfWeek> = 'Monday' then 1 else 0 end.

You could alternatively do crazy math where you do the Number of days in a month %% 7 and then do math on the remainder to figure out if the remainder would include another Monday.