Remove Max Value on Filled Gauges

It would be great to be able to remove the max value on Filled Gauges, especially when using Targets. It becomes very confusing to a viewer who does not know how to use the graph. Viewers tend to think that the max value is the target, and they don't notice the target line/value.

1 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• N8
    N8 ⚪️

I agree. I've made attempts to turn my data into a percentage so that I can set the max to 100% so that the fill on the gauge is more natural from the user's perspective but I've had no luck. Being able to remove this field would accomplish the same goal of easy understanding.

• Thanks for submitting this idea @destko.  I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• Ugh ! I dont think thats a good idea , My users for example know what a maximun value means.

In our case we found this cards very meaningful... for example tracking MTD actuals to last month actuals as the maximun value and the target value being  what is expected to be reached at day 1 ,2 , 3 , 4 , 5 day of the month from a seasonatily index calculated troguth beastmodes. once the maximun is surpassed then the new number becomes the maximun of more than 100% growth during the month assesed.

Domo Arigato!

**Say 'Thanks' by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as 'Accepted Solution'
  • @destko I will look into this idea further to see what options we have. Thanks for your feedback. 

• This would be very helpful for me as well. If some do find this number meaningful, I'd recommend including the option to toggle the Maximum Value number on and off.

This discussion has been closed.