Sumo Subtotal

Very happy that Sumo can now subtotal! However, I think this feature needs a bit of finesse.

Here's a scenario: 

If I have three items on sale, and two have a sales campaign of one week, but the third has a campaign of two weeks, I would like to see a subtotal of the two week campaign, so I can see the aggregate numbers.

However, when I click the sub total button I get subtotals for the single week campaigns as well, which provides redundant information. 

I would really like to be able to select which items to aggregate, or set a rule that says if the data only occurs in one row, do not add a subtotal. 

Here's a visual description in case that is helpful:

Product Line Name

Campaign 1 - Week 1 of 1 Sales Info

SUBTOTAL Campaign 1 - Week 1 of 1 Sales Info

Campaign 2 - Week 1 of 1 Sales Info

SUBTOTAL Campaign 2 - Week 1 of 1 Sales Info

Campaign 3 - Week 1 of 2 Sales Info

Campaign 3 - Week 2 of 2 Sales Info

SUBTOTAL Campaign 3 - Week 1 and 2 of 2 Sales Info

The red subtotal is the only one I actually want to see in the report, as the others are redundant.

Domo folks, let me know if you need more info on this idea - happy to answer any subsequent questions.

Thanks!

Broadway + Data
Tagged:
2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• As a corollary, I would also suggest the ability to toggle on/off both row and column subtotals. For example I may want an average subtotal for a set of columns, but not for the rows becuase the row average may nto make sense.

• Thanks for submitting this idea.  I am assigning to our product manager for this area, @ckwright, who will respond.

• Thanks for these suggestions, we are looking into additional options for Sub Totals in Sumo and will update the participants as we have more information. 

• Did this idea ever materialize?

This discussion has been closed.