Sumo card in drill path

Need the ability to build a SUMO card in the drill paths.

21 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for this idea.  I'm assigning to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• @nandinirs For this idea to work, would you also want to save it as a new card? Why do a lot of work creating Sumo and not be able to save it as a new card? Thoughts? 

• I would like the ability to use Sumo cards as a drill down from a bar chart or graph. So if I am reporting on a bar chart by a specific division of my company I can drill down by a month and go to a sumo card which can show me which salesperson and advertiser  and their corresponding revenue by month.

• I just ran into a situation where this would be super helpful. Sometimes you wnat an aesthetic feel of a graph on top of loads of information in a way that will make it more accessible. High on my want list. 

• This would be super helpful where you want to show multiple attributes in a data table as opposed to just a singular table.  There are some instances where a good old fashioned pivot table is the best view.

I also need it to prevent future card bloat.  Right now I have to create multiple cards to tell a story rather than the drill path being able to handle the additional complexity/data summarization.

• It will be useful to have drill path capability for Sumo Cards, like the behavior in Excel pivot table.

• Thank you for submitting this @lovelock. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• ckwright
    ckwright

domo

💎

@lovelock Thanks for your feedback. This is a duplicate of this idea. Please vote this idea. https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Sumo-card-in-drill-path/idi-p/6408

• Thank you for submitting this @Hua. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• Is there any update on this idea? I would also like the ability to drill down from a Sumo card.

• @Hua Thanks for submitting this idea. We do have this idea already in this section. Please vote on that idea. Here is the link. Thx

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Sumo-card-in-drill-path/idi-p/6408

• This IS idea #6408, according to what is on browser's address bar.  If this is a duplicate, what is the one used for further review?  We see more and more cases where this feature can be very helpful.

• @Hua,

I combined the ideas in to one so its now in one location. @ckwright comments were made before I merged. You are now in one place and this is where the idea will be tracked.

Thanks!
    Dani

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • I see.  Thank you for the clarification, Dani.  Do we have status update then?

• @ckwright

Can you provide a status update on this idea?

Thanks!

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • I just came here to reuqest the same thing. It looks like a drill path can terminate in what amounts to a column view, like a Sumo Card, which is great. But what would really help is support for full Sumo Cards, including pivot view.

And, yes, please make these full Sumo Cards so that they can be reused outside of the original drill path.

Thank you.

• Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
This discussion has been closed.