use Webform to perform data capture to an existing data set

i would like to construct a data set that has referential data, in this case project ID, then have the ability to perform additional data capture via the web form.

in a simplified example,  i construct a list of projects using workbench/data flows.

i can then allow users the ability to capture data about that project on a monthly basis by adding content to a couple of predefined columns (for example month, project notes for the month)

i have 5 or 6 cases where this situation could apply to our current program.  

benefits to DOMO

- more user licenses

- more dependence on the platform

- easier adoption

2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for this idea.  I'm assigning to our product manager @alexpeay for review.

• @gomezican I don't think I am following your request. Are you saying you would like to send the data initially through Workbench then be able to switch that DataSet over to be updated manually through a webform?

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • @alexpeay Hey Alex.  Yes.  i'd like to be able to load a DataSet with Key Information, in this case Project ID from our ERP.  This would be done via the workbench.  Users would then be able to update non-ID columns via DOMO.

• @gomezican thanks for clarifying! This is very intersting concept. I'll dig into the details of how we might be able to provide this type of functionality.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Hey Domo masters,

Any update on this feature - adding a manual input/entry functionality for data sources?

• I use recursive MySQL queries which create, and subsequently overwrite Webforms.  It's a bit cumbersome to set up, requires some intervention from Domo staff, and you have to be careful with your design...but it works.  

I use it for my mapping tables, where I need to be able to categorize data attributes, and new values appearing in datasets need to be appended.  

It's honestly more complicated than it needs to be.  If we could have a webform as an output dataset option in Magic ETL, this would be solved.  ?  

DataMaven
    Breaking Down Silos - Building Bridges
    Check out my video!
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the heart in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
This discussion has been closed.