Totals on Heat Map

Hi,

It would be great on the Heat Map card to be able to display the totals of the data for either the columns, rows, or both.

Thank you,

Nick

19 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Glad you posted this @nlombardini!  I was sure this was already suggested as i know we've talked about it in my shop numerous times, but I just did a quick search and did not find.  

**Say thank you by clicking the 'thumbs up'
    **Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • Thank you for this suggestion.  Our product manager for this area is @Gavatar and he will take time to respond.

• On a heat map, the labels currently default to Left and Bottom.  I use heat maps a lot as a "table", an intersection matrix between two attributes and calculate the result as a percent of total.  Thinking about it in this way, I find it inconvenient that the horizontal axis labels are always at the bottom, rather than at the top - i think the latter is how someone would naturally read a table, looking to the header row to understand the column contents, rather than looking at the bottom.

Could we look at either moving the horizontal labels to the top, OR, make that a user selectable option in the chart controls?

If that capability already exists and I've missed it, would be happy for someone to point it out to me.  

Thanks, All!

**Be sure to select the answer that represents the best solution and mark as "Accept as Solution"
  • @Gavatar This might also align with Heat Map Horizontal Axis Labels when scoping the effort.  Thanks!

• Thank you for submitting this idea @ckatzman.  I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar for review.

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

Good suggestion. This same request applies to all tables. We currently only support the totals on Sumo cards. We will look into adding an option to show row/column totals.

• Gavatar
    Gavatar

domo

💎

• I see that this idea was approved in May 2016.  Do you know if the functionality has been incorporated?  If so, I was wondering how to get the totals on the heat map.  Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.