Add 'Other' Grouping to Bar/Line Charts

I love the functionality in the Pie charts that allows you to select the number of slices before the remaining slices are grouped together as 'Other'. I would like to have a feature that extends this functionaly to line and bar charts, as well.

For example, if I have a bar chart of total sales by salesperson, sorted in order of total sales, this feature would allow me to display a certain number of bars of salesperson before it groups the remaining salespeople together as 'Other'. This is helpful in scenarios where there is an extremely high number of lines or bars and there is too many to display in one chart. I don't want to use the Show Only # Rows feature to accomplish this, because I still want all the values to be represented. 

1 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this @srosen. I am assigning to our product manager @Gavatar to review and comment.

• This is a great idea. We are adding this right now. It is especially useful when you have a long tail of small contributors. I have needed this many times. Thanks for submitting the suggestion.

• Awesome, thanks!

• @Gavatar what is the expected release date? If its in product now then we can update this to "implemented"

CC @btm

Dani aka "Mr.Dojo"

Dojo Admin
    **Say "Thanks" by clicking the "heart" in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"
    **You can update your Dojo Community name and avatar by clicking on your avatar then the "My Profile" button.
  • This is live on our development servers but with our extensive QA cycle and Domo Palooza coming, the estimated release is April.

This discussion has been closed.