Sensible error message in Beast Mode

When script is not correct in beast mode, a valid error message should be shown saying/suggesting what might be wrong.

Just like an error message shown by compiler of any programming language.

22 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• "A column in this calculation did not exist."

It would be really cool if the name of the missing column was included in this message.

It also is a little cumbersome to track down the beast mode field breaking a card. It would be even cooler if a specific error message bubbled up to at least some card level view, even if it would be considered too sensitive to display it right in the external card view itself.

• Thank you for submitting this idea. I am assigning this to our product manager @ckwright for review.

• Thanks for the feedback, yes, having more context why a beast mode is broken would be helpful. I recently heard this feedback this week for product feedback. I am looking into this to understand how we can provide a solution to help. 

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @KateVanBuskirk. I am assigning to our product manager @ckwright to review and comment.

• @KateVanBuskirk Thanks for this suggestion. Please see link below on this similar idea already posted. Please use this link to vote.  

https://dojo.domo.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/Sensible-error-message-in-Beast-Mode/idi-p/10164

This discussion has been closed.