Feature to set Goal from Dataset

goal.PNG

A goal always has to be manually. If it changes, we need to manually change everywhere as well.

Can't we have an option to set it from dataset as well ?

2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Or have it based on a beastmode calculation!  

• Thank you for submitting this idea @gaurav007.  I am assigning to our product manager @alexpeay for review.

• @gaurav007 I want to better understand what you are wanting to see happen in the product. When you say goal what does that mean to you and the business you are running? Is this something similar to an Alert in Domo or something completely different?

What are the kinds of goals you are wanting to set on a DataSet? Can you provide some examples to help me understand your use case?

You talk about manually changing a goal, so are you wanting to see recommendations on the changes for these goals or the automatic setting of these goals?

Thanks for your help.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • I believe he is talking about setting this goal:

Capture.PNG

Right now, you have to manually enter a number if you want to see a goal line show up on your graph.  Sometimes these goals change from quarter to quarter, or if you are using this in a drill path, the goals may be different for each department.  It would be nice if you could set the "goal" as a field from your data set.  This way, the goal for the service department could be different than the goal for the sales department, etc.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    “There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________
This discussion has been closed.