Alert on rank Change

Currently you can set an alert to tell yo if any item in a list changes Rank. I would like to be able to know only if the top or maybe even top 5 change. If I have a card of the Top 25, it creates too many alerts for any item changing rank. So being able to specify Top 1 or top 5 or something in a card where you rank top 25 or top 50 would e a great addition. Currently i could do a card with rank of 1 and if it changes, then have a related card to go to the top 25, but many of the senior execs will not click through to the related card.
Dojo Community Member
** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
6 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

Retired Domo Alum
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@Shevy: great suggestion, thank you!

just to make sure i understand what you're after, you have a card that shows additional items on the leaderboard, but you only want to know about changes to the top X positions. the current workaround as you outlined would be to create a separate card limiting the the scope of the leaderboard to X positions, and set the alert on that limited leaderboard card. you'd make the real leaderboard card a related card to the limited leaderboard, but the problem is that your alert users won't click through to the related card.

one other thought on how to address this. would it be helpful to be able to specify a different destination url for the link in the alert notification? for example, when you create the alert on the limited leaderboard, the email that goes out would actually link back to the real leaderboard. thoughts on that?

Retired Domo Alum
  • @mdelorey thanks for the response and thought. The proposal you are suggesting is a reasonable workaround but not the ideal solution. It would mean maintaining two cards and ensuring they are in sync. Would be a little more maintenance, but certainly an option.
    Dojo Community Member
    ** Please like responses by clicking on the thumbs up
    ** Please Accept / check the answer that solved your problem / answered your question.
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@Shevy: i totally agree the workaround isn't ideal. i think your suggestion is a good one, just clarifying that i understood your issue and workaround.

i've created an issue for us to track progress internally (69491). great idea! we'll keep you posted on progress.

Retired Domo Alum
  • I want to add to this -- I want to be able to identify a specific bar in my chart and get an alert if that changes rank. So if I have 10 products, each with their own bar, I want to know when Product 8 changes position and from what to what. 

Broadway + Data
  • mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@RobynLinden: Great idea! We'll incorporate your use case as well.

Retired Domo Alum
This discussion has been closed.