Naming DataSets

I would love to name my DataSet as the first step in the DataSet creation process not the last step before the DataSet runs

1 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Thank you for submitting this idea @bm357.  I am assigning to our product manager @alexpeay for review.

• @bm357 Interestingly enough for a long time the naming of the DataSet was the first step in the process and we had a lot of feedback and usability testing that it was not the optimal place for naming.

In some cases you know exactly what you are building and the naming is easy, but when you are exploring the data and available reports the naming is easier at the end. In the naming at the end it still holds for those users that enter the configuration knowing what they want to name the DataSet.

The naming at the end also allows us (Domo) the opportunity to auto-name based on information that has been provided previously, this would be a future feature, but naming at the end allows for this auto-gen name to be more accurate.

We appreciate your input and we always look to improve our product but in this case our testing and previous experience shows the naming at the end is the more optimal naming location.

Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Alex Peay
    Product Manager
    Domo
  • Would it be possible to allow the user to potentially choose to name the data set first? 

This discussion has been closed.