Dataflow Name from a Dataset

I have created several dataflows and some have multiple Dataset Outputs. It would be nice if the Dataset had the name of the Dataflow that it was produced from. Otherwise it can be difficult to find the right Dataflow when needing to make a change to aDataset.

2 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Love this idea.

To get around it for now, we use a naming convention for dataflows that have multiple output datasets: 

*DataflowName ===> OutputDatasetName_DataflowName

• btm
    btm

domo

💎

Thank you for submitting this @Johnf. I am assigning to our product manager @StevenC to review and comment.

• @Johnf This is a great idea.  To make sure I'm clear on this, you are asking for a DataSet, which is the output of a DataFlow, to contain the name of the flow that created it, is this correct?  If this is what you are looking for, we are working on bringing data lineage into the product, which would allow you to see all of the objects that contribute to another object.  However, and more direct to your point, having the DataFlow name associated with a DataSet is a great idea.  Thanks for the submission.

•  @StevenC Yes, you are right. That is what I am looking for. Some users that I have talked to said they use a prefix in there naming conventions so that they can tye them back together later. Unfortuately I did not do that and sometimes have trouble finding the origanl dataflow.  Live and learn. ?

This discussion has been closed.