Record Alert History as a Dataset

I have recently noticed Domo provides a heat map indicating the frequency/timing of alerts that have been triggered.  It woudl be be very useful for the data that feeds that graph be available as a dataset. 

3 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@mdg1376: That's a great idea; thanks for submitting! I'm the product manager for alerts here at Domo. I think this request seems pretty straight forward, but I was wondering if you would mind sharing what type of things you'd use the alert history dataset for.  That would help inform our process as we prioritize and outline this feature.

Retired Domo Alum
  • mdg1376
    mdg1376 ⚪️

We operate 8 indoor electric go-kart tracks around the country. During peak times we can run into long wait times for our customers (up to 3 hours).  Our Wait Time cards (https://autobahnspeed.domo.com/page/159102164/kpis/details/1579539439) show our managers/owners our semi-real time estimate of the Waits our customers are experiencing.  Currently, we send Alerts when Waits hit 45 and 90 min.

Because the Wait Time calculations are performed in a Dataflow we do not have access to our Alert history for Analysis.  In our case, we want to look at our Alert History to establish:

1) During periods of high Wait Times our staff is focused on maximizing customer throughput.

2) During period of high Wait Times that occur at predictable times we have maximum staff

serving customers.

3) I imagine that if we had the data available in a dataset we would find other uses for it as well.

If the condition is worth sending an Alert, it should be worth recording for future evaluation. Let me know if you need anything else.

• mdelorey
    mdelorey

domo

💎

@mdg1376: Beautiful. Thank you for sharing. Matter of fact, I think I may need to come visit one of your tracks personally and get more familiar with them and how you guys operate.. strictly for, um.. work purposes ?

I recently had a conversation with @CFRyan who shared some really similar sentiments about recording your team's response to alert triggers and making that data available as well.

I'll reach out to you as we get closer to validating some features along these lines. Thanks again!

Retired Domo Alum
This discussion has been closed.