Can we create our own security profiles and manage the access rights of the default profiles?

e.g. I don't want the privileged users to invite new users.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
**Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
12 votes

· Last Updated

Comments

• Completely agree with this suggestion. I think the Admins should be able to control the security options. Great suggestion. 

• Hi @pliu,  I love the suggestion! For a short-term solution, we are releasing the new "Editor" role very soon, which will give a user all of the same capabilities as a "Privileged" user except for the ability to invite new users into Domo and add or modify group memberships.

•  @MitchyMitch8 

It's great to know that this new "Editor" role is coming, thanks for sharing this news with us.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution".
  • I mentioned this issue at Domopalooza this year!  I think we should have the ability to set our own security profiles - perhaps up to 10 different profiles.

• With the new connectors, I would also like to give someone admin permissions restricted to just one data source. For example, my social media manager should really be in charge of building cards related to our Facebook connector, but I don't want that person to be an admin over the entire instance.

Broadway + Data
  • Thank you for your suggestion.  This has been submitted to our engineering team through ticket # DOMO-37794

This discussion has been closed.